Stop Searching

There is something about sitting next to someone on an airplane that makes me feel like I must talk to the people around me. On one particular flight, I had a conversation with a traveler who had been physically “soul searching” and traveling for years. This blew my mind. The experience of traveling and seeing the world must have been so cool, but to be looking for something for so long and not find it could have also been exhausting.
The world likes to try and come up with answers to these questions, but they don’t compare to the infallible word of God. Everyone has a God-shaped hole in their heart that they try to fill with other things but only God himself can fill that void. We might not do this to the scale of traveling the world for years physically “soul searching” but how often do we throw ourselves into other things, hoping to find fulfillment or satisfaction from something other than God? No amount of “soul searching” will do the trick.
Thankfully, God is pursuing us right back. He wants a relationship with YOU!! He is a relentlessly loving God who is waiting for you with arms wide open. He takes you as you are and claims you as a child of God. This life is not about finding yourself, it’s about discovering who God created you to be. It sounds simple but how do you do that? By seeking the one who created you.

But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1

I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. Proverbs 8:17


If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biblical Allusions in e. e. Cumming’s Poetry

Is Suffering a Result of Sin?

Biblical Allusions in Robert Frost’s Poetry